Your Ad Here

Monday, January 01, 2007

Natural Healing

Have you ever tried using natural healing to treat yourself against certain illness or injury?


I've experienced 2 types of natural healers in particular, reiki & accupressure. So I'm going to talk about these from my own personal experiences, though there are more natural healers like reflexology, acupuncture, herbology, aromatherapy & many more.


REIKI


Reiki (pronounced as "Ray-Key") is a Japanese form of stress reduction & relaxation which also promotes healing. It has helped in healing virtually every known illness and injury. The energy of reiki already exists within you & you use this flow of energy to apply to the part of the area that you are trying to heal.


These are my experiences on reiki which I would like to share with you.


I had a cyst in my upper gum & I went for the operation to get rid of it. Two years later it came back & I didn't want another operation. My girls persuaded me to practise reiki. At first I didn't believe in it but it did work on me several times & now I go for reiki whenever I need to heal myself.


I used the energy from the palm of my hands to apply to my gum everyday for 5 - 6 wks. The cyst disappeared but a few years later it came back for the third time & I used the same technique to get rid of it. Now it has been over 4 years already & it hasn't come back. Not only I have saved over $1000, I hate to have my gum cut open & also suffer from the side effects after the operation as I refused to take antibiotics after I had the operation.


I also had a bad knee & at one time I couldn't climb up the stairs. I went to the doctor & he couldn't see anything wrong with it. I could hear my bones cracking at times. So I used reiki again on my bad knee & it worked. So now I don't see my doctor except for the yearly checkup. So everytime I mow my lawn, my knee starts to ache & I practise reiki & it works everytime.


My sister-in-law has spiderveins for many years & in 2005 it was bad while I was there on holiday. I told her to practise reiki & her condition has improved a lot. For her it will take more than just 4 or 5 weeks as her condition is pretty bad.


ACCUPRESSURE


Accupressure is also good to treat certain conditions. I use some of these techniques quite often.

  • Acne


    • Press both accupressure points which are situated one finger-width below the lower ridge of each eye socket, in line with the centre of the iris & in an identation of the cheek

    • Hold the points for 1 minute

    • Do this 3 times a day for a clearer & more radiant skin


  • Backache

  • Pressing the accupressure points which are behind your knees, may help to move pain & pressure away from your back.

    • Lie on your back with your legs up & your knees bent

    • Place your fingertips in the centre of the crease behind each knee

    • Holding on to these points, gently rock your legs back & forth for 1 minute as you breathe deeply

    • When you are done, let your feet rest flat on the floor, with your knees bent & relax

    • Repeat this exercise 3 times a day


  • Colds (dry cough & fever)


    • Use pressure points in the depressions directly below the protrusions on the left & right sides of the collarbone (P1), underneath the base of the skull & 2 inches out from the middle of your neck (P2), & at the outer edge of each elbow crease (P3)

    • Start with P1, press both points for 1 minute while breathing slowing & deeply

    • Move to P2 & press both points with the thumbs for 1 minute

    • Next move to P3, stimulating one of the points with the middle finger of your opposite hand for 1 minute before switching hands

    • Then return to P1 & repeat the entire sequence

    • Do this 3 times a day


  • Colds (sniffy, sneezy cold symptoms)


    • Use 1 minute of pressure each on points in the webbing between the thumb & index finger (P4), on the face on each side of the nostrils (P5), & in the upper ridges of your eye sockets close to the bridge of your nose (P6)

    • Pregnant women must AVOID pressure point (P4) as stimulating this point can activate uterine contraction


  • Coughing


    • With the middle fingers of both hands, press the P1 points, situated in the depressions directly below the protrusions on the left & right sides of the collarbone


  • Constipation


    • While lying down comfortably press P7 which is found 3 finger-width below navel

    • Close your eyes & breath deeply as you use all of your fingers to apply gradual pressure. Press for 2 minutes

    • You can also press each P3 point (which is at the outer edge of each elbow crease), holding it for half a minute, then switching to the other side

    • Do this 3 times a day


  • Dizziness


    • Press both P8 points, situated 4 finger-widths below each kneecap in the outer leg

    • Sitting down with your knees bent, press the point on each shin bone with the thumb or forefinger of the same or the opposite hand


  • Eyestrain


    • With both thumbs, press the P6 points, located in the upper ridges of your eye sockets close to the bridge of your nose

    • Press upward into the indentations of the eye sockets & hold for 2 minutes while you concentrate on slow, deep breathing


  • Foot pain


    • For pain in the big toe, press P9 point, located on the top of the foot in the valley between the big toe & the second toe. Hold it for 1 minute

    • To relieve foot cramp, press P10 point in the upper arch of the foot, one thumb-width from the ball of the foot. Press it for 1 minute


  • Headache


    • Use the thumbs of both hands, press P2 point underneath the base of the skull & 2 inches out from the middle of your neck

    • Sitting in a chair & bending over, with your elbows propped on a table, breathe deeply & press firmly for 2 minutes

    • P4 point (situated in the webbing between the thumb & index finger), is especially helpful for frontal headache but NOT for pregnant women as described under Colds (sniffy, sneezy cold symptoms)


  • Heartburn


    • Press P11 point, located in the middle of your body just below the rib-cage, for NO longer than 2 minutes ONLY when your stomach is fairly empty


  • Hiccups


    • With the fingertips of both hands firmly hold P12 points on the left & right sides of the body below the edge of the rib cage (ie. P11 point is in the middle between the two P12 points)

    • Close your eyes & breathe deeply as you hold the points for several minutes


  • Insomnia


    • Use the index & ring fingers of one hand, apply pressure to the identation on the back of the head at the base of the skull for several minutes

    • Exhale first, then inhale, receiving a new breath as you guide your fingers to the spot

    • You can also apply pressure to the fleshy pad of skin at the base of either thumb, switching hands


  • Joint Pain


    • For joint pain anywhere in the body, press both P8 points, situated 4 finger-widths below each kneecap in the outer leg

    • For joint pain & stiffness in the ankle, press both P13 points, situated in the large hollow directly in front of the outer ankle bone

    • For knee joint pain, press both P14 points, situated 4 finger-widths below each kneecap in the inner leg (opposite P8 point)

    • For wrist pain, press P15 & P16 points


      • P15 is located on the inside of each arm in the middle of the wrist crease

      • P16 is located on the outside of each arm in the hollow at the centre of the wrist crease


    • For shoulder pain, press the points on each side of the shoulder


  • Leg Cramp


    • For cramp in the calf, press the point, situated in the middle of the calf

    • Hold for 1 minute


  • Memory Problems


    • Press the points, situated near the temples

    • Sitting in a chair, resting your elbows on a table & pressing the heels of your hands on these points

    • Close your eyes, relax & breathe deeply as you press these points for at least 1 minute


  • Migranes


    • Use the thumbs of both hands, press P2 point underneath the base of the skull & 2 inches out from the middle of your neck

    • Sitting in a chair & bending over, with your elbows propped on a table, breathe deeply & press firmly for 2 minutes


  • Sinus Problems


    • Press both P5 points on the face on each side of the nostrils for 2 minutes


  • Sprains


    • For ankle sprain, press P13 point, situated in the large hollow directly in front of the outer ankle bone


  • Stomachache


    • Press both P12 points on the left & right sides of the body below the edge of the rib cage


  • Water Retention


    • To improve the body's fluid balance, press P10 points, situated in the upper arch of each foot, one thumb-width from the ball of the foot


  • Wrinkles


    • To tone facial muscles, press both facial beauty points which are situated at the bottom of each cheekbone, directly below the eye pupil




I prefer natural healing to modern medicine. I hate to use drugs for treatment & if I can avoid them, I will.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used Problogger tips to create my blog. And i used wordpress blog system as it is really powerfull !

12:08 PM  
Blogger Work From Home said...

Yes problogger is a good reading material.

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love the design and especially the concept you have here. I would love to reciprocate links with you and feature your offer on my website. Please visit NetLaborer Employment Agency and see if I can help you out. Thank you and God Bless.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Work From Home said...

You have a nice site & I like to
reciprocate links with you as your site can be useful to my site.

Thank you.

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great information. I think I'll check into more on Reiki. Did I spell that right? lol

12:32 PM  
Blogger Work From Home said...

Thanks Deb. Yes that's how you spell Reiki. It has worked on me many times.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow this sounds like a great product.
http://www.digitalcharity.com/m.php?id=39936

3:15 AM  
Blogger Work From Home said...

Aleja, natural healing is really great if you practise it. I rather go for it than the modern medicines.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I feel strongly learning the topic, however I need to learn more on this topic.
Carry on your updates..!!
Hummer H1 Turbo

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home